Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Welcome to The Digital Shift, a collection of current teaching tools, tips, resources, and best practices. Click on a b
ox below to get started, or see the Content Guide below to get a description about what's inside each area. If you are searching for something specific, try the SEARCH bar above.
Parts of this site are being re-worked and updated. If you come across the "under construction" guy, please check back later!
Click this button to check out "What's Hot" in the latest teaching tools and strategies, all being implemented in HTSD classrooms right now.
Web Nuggets--A real-time collection of recent websites, resources, news, articles and other resources related to teaching and learning.
Mobile Lab Reservation
-A link and instructions for reserving HHS MacAirs, iPads or iPods
- A page designed specifically for students to get digital project tips and resources on everything from designing a wiki to ipad tools to video projects.
-tips, tools and strategies for designing more effective formative assessments and more rigorous summative assessments. Includes templates and other resources for rubric design as well as sample rubrics from all content areas.
Google Apps for Education resource in including how-tos, tips, and strategies for all things GOOGLE such as Google Docs, Calendars, Search, etc.
Web 2.0 Tools Playground
-A wiki with examples and "play areas" and implementation ideas for many popular Web 2.0 Tools
- A collection of web databases of multi-media materials including videos, photos, e-books and more.
- A list of apps currently installed on the HHS iPads as well as teaching tips for using iPads in the classroom.
- A collection of strategies to enhance reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in all content areas.
PD Workshops and Presentations
- Links to all of my past and current professional presentations, online courses and workshops
Rigor & Relevance
-Resources based on William Daggett's model to increase rigor and relevance of assessments. Includes sample "Quadrant D" assessments from various content areas.
Resources for instructional coaching collected through Pennsylvania Institute for Instructional Coaching, Penn Literacy Network, and personal coaching experience.
Project Based Learning
- Resources to support the design and implementation of project based learning including a collection of digital tools to showcase student learning.
Content Specific Resources-
A collection of web sites, projects and lesson ideas for specific content areas.
Quick, easy to follow teacher guides for getting started with many popular digital teaching tools.
Wiki Design Resources-
Tips and How-Tos for designing a rich classroom resource with Wikispaces (like this one!).
- Includes resources for implementing Bring Your Own Device i.e student owned mobile devices.
This wiki is designed and maintained by Andrew Halter, Instructional Coach at Hampton Township School District, Allison Park, PA
Content in these pages does not necessarily represent ideas and philosophies of the Hampton Township School District
Direct all inquiries to Andrew Halter at
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"